[ic] New IC Site

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Sep 22 13:43:00 2002

Kevin Walsh wrote:

>>Since when did this list become a "look at my site" or a BB type of show
>>stage...
>>
>>New email junk filter: if subject line contains 'new IC Site'
>>
>Perhaps I'm alone here, but I like to see what people are doing with
>Interchange.  I don't consider it off-topic for users to post what
>they're doing with Interchange (into the interchange-users mail list)
>as long as it's in the context of a request for comments, as this
>thread clearly was.
>
>Of course, if you don't like it, you can create whatever junk filters
>you like.

I'm in agreement here with Kevin here.  IMHO, the presentation of a site
is often just as important, if not more so, than the technical back end
and being that I didn't get a lick of artistic talent from my parents
gene pool, I appreciate seeing what other folks put together, not for
the purpose of plagiarizing, but inspiration of what 'can be done' with IC.

As with this person's site, I would probably never purchase anything
from it, but I have to believe that his posting of the site wasn't
motivated by the hopes of a 'cheap sale' just as me posting my site last
week, I'm mean, how many of you folks really need a '18 Ghz twelve way
power divider is?'  My guess is that there isn't a single sole on this
list that has a clue as to what that is, so likewise I wasn't looking
for the 'cheap sale' either but honest constructive criticism and comment.

Some of the folks posting here really need to re-read their posting at
least once before they transmit because the level of unnecessary
'flaming' seems to be on the rise...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028