[ic] New IC Site

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Sep 22 22:56:01 2002

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Blair Campbell wrote:

BC>>I agree. I like checking out the new sites that are put up. If someone does
BC>>not want to look then they don't have to. Really the goal of all of us is to
BC>>have great sites up and running so it seems like a perfect fit to show the
BC>>final results.

I am not ashamed to say that I plagiarize - A LOT

I like to look at what other stores are doing and then to incorporate the
things that I like into my store.

At Bed Breakfast and Beyond they have a 'Last Minute Reminders' at checkout.
It's like when you get to the checkout at the grocery store and there are
magazines, candy, and such.

I created one in mine and sales of those items picked up. I rotate them.

I like to go and see what others have done and then try to write my own.

Brad did a whole revamp of the front page. I could see where he changed the
jpegs of the stock format with ones of his own. The hardest part of what he
did (in my mind) is to create the new jpegs to suit the demeanor of the
page. It's a great layout and quite innovative, other than the need for
Flash - which his customer demanded.

When I look at what other people have done, it gives me new ideas of what I
can do to  modify them to improve my own site.

(Maybe people look at my site and get ideas of what they can do to their
own, or else use it as an example of how NOT to do something.)

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Sunday, September 22, 2002 at 22:45 PM:
The name is Baud... James Baud.

This Linux System has been up 256 hours