[ic] mv_metadata->lookup_exclude - advanced

David Kelly interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 07:49:01 2002

Using foundation based catalog with IC 4.8.6  - I am trying to work out h=
ow
 to use mv_metadata->lookup_exclude and whether it is possible to use
lookup_exclude to accomplish the little problem that I have below.

A bit of background.
I am trying to return a select box that contains a list of options names =
that
have being returned from the options table.   When a option name is selec=
ted
I want it to input the option.code that is associated with that option na=
me
into the field that I am editing.

Now this where the tricky part starts. :)   In order to get the list of
 option names I need to somehow do the following.

1.  SELECT options.code, product.description FROM options, products WHERE
options.sku=3Dproduct.sku AND product.description=3D'Base Fabrics'

2.  Extract out sku and options from options.code (using '-' as the
 delimiter)

3.  List the options in the select box.

When the option is select insert the full options.code into the database.

Now how in all Gods green earth could I accomplish that with mv_metadata =
and
 a 4.8.x catalog?  :-) And if it is not possible with mv_metadata, how wo=
uld
 be the best way to approach it?

Thanks for any help.
--