[ic] email receipt

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 12:28:01 2002

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to format the email receipt to
look
> better than the default interchange one?  Please email me a copy of your
> email.receipt.txt file or paste some code for me to learn from.
> steve@airdelights.com

    I think the issue with the default foundation email_receipt file is its
assumption that the receipt will be displayed using a fixed-width font.  If
the user receives the message in outlook, the columns do not align properly
because outlook's default font is variable-width.  I think the best solution
would be to format the message so that it supports the MIME standard where
the message body contains two bodies, one for HTML display for message
clients that support it and then another one for message clients that only
render plain text.

Jeff