[ic] rewrite rules was: rewrite rules killed images

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 13:55:01 2002

Rewrite rules

 >         RewriteRule ^$ /cgi-bin/vlink/index.html [PT,L]
 >         RewriteRule ^/$ /cgi-bin/vlink/index.html [PT,L]
 >         RewriteRule
^/index\.html$/cgi-bin/vlink/index.html [PT,L]
 >        RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/vlink/.* - [PT,L]
 >         RewriteRule ^/.*images/.* - [PT,L]
 >        RewriteRule ^/(.*) /cgi-bin/vlink/$1 [PT,L]

Does this affect the cookies?

I am testing the rewrite rules that had been on the list
previously but I have yet to ever get the cookies
to works since all of them are pointing to the wrong file

Try using lynx and point it to your domain, it will say
that cookie is invalid. All other browsers fail quitely
and as well does IC since your cookie you would have gotten
came from the wrong path. So the only supported setup like
this so far is a non-cookie session.

If you have any ideas let me know.
Cookies are important since this then removes the
need for the session id in the url

like the

path.html?id=akjidk78d

look at your own pages and you will see this to
be true, all links are with id= since the cookie
path would be invalid

I was thinking there would be a way to define
a scriptalismatch that would work with this
a then allow me to define the catalog link
to point to the root "/" instead of "/cgi-bin/store"

--
	    Philip S. Hempel