[ic] mv_metadata->lookup_exclude - advanced

Mon Sep 23 14:14:01 2002

Quoting David Kelly (david@zeald.com):
> Using foundation based catalog with IC 4.8.6  - I am trying to work out how
>  to use mv_metadata->lookup_exclude and whether it is possible to use
> lookup_exclude to accomplish the little problem that I have below.
>
> A bit of background.
> I am trying to return a select box that contains a list of options names that
> have being returned from the options table.   When a option name is selected
> I want it to input the option.code that is associated with that option name
> into the field that I am editing.
>
> Now this where the tricky part starts. :)   In order to get the list of
>  option names I need to somehow do the following.
>
> 1.  SELECT options.code, product.description FROM options, products WHERE
> options.sku=product.sku AND product.description='Base Fabrics'
>
> 2.  Extract out sku and options from options.code (using '-' as the
>  delimiter)
>
> 3.  List the options in the select box.
>
> When the option is select insert the full options.code into the database.
>
> Now how in all Gods green earth could I accomplish that with mv_metadata and
>  a 4.8.x catalog?  :-) And if it is not possible with mv_metadata, how would
>  be the best way to approach it?

Constrained to 4.8, you can't do much. You would need to build your own
table editor instead of using the [table-editor ...] or [display ...]
tags.

With 4.9, you could do a custom widget type.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock