[ic] VeriSign PayFlow Email

Nathaniel Scott interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 14:35:01 2002

> On September 23rd, 2002, VeriSign will be making an update to our
> systems to support a new feature - reference transactions.  VeriSign has
> determined that due to the way you configured your Payflow Pro
> integration to send all or some of your transaction data to us, that you
> are erroneously sending a parameter that will now be affected by the
> introduction of the new reference transaction feature.
>
> Reference transactions allow you to create a new Sale or Authorization
> transaction using the information, such as credit card number, submitted
> in an earlier transaction.  One example application for this feature is
> a split shipment, where you capture for a lower amount when you ship the
> first part of the order, and later perform a new sale transaction when
> you ship the second part of the order.  In order to reference the
> earlier transaction, you include the transaction ID for that transaction
> using the ORIGID parameter for a new Sale or Authorization transaction.
>
> VeriSign discovered that you are currently sending an ORIGID parameter
> for Sale or Authorization transactions.  Currently, ORIGID is only valid
> for Delayed Capture, Credit, Void, or Inquiry transactions.  VeriSign's
> servers ignore an ORIGID parameter submitted with a Sale or
> Authorization transaction, so this parameter currently has no effect on
> the processing of the transaction.
>
> When VeriSign makes the update early morning on September 23rd, 2002,
> VeriSign's servers will no longer ignore the ORIGID parameter for a Sale
> or an Authorization transaction.  Please review the information below
> and make any necessary changes to your configuration.

Not the same message, but we were on the phone with Verisign today regarding
an error message we had on their Site Manger and they said the error was
because we're passing that same variable & that it will cause problems and
probably deny future transactions because of it.  Apparently it's to allow
references to older transactions.

Thanks,

Nathaniel Scott

Mobile Tech Support, Inc