[ic] pgsql loops when importing products via the Admin Interface.

Brian Kosick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 15:43:01 2002

Hello All,
         I have this really strange problems, that only occurs when I'm
trying to import a new text file through the UI.  Here's my setup
RH7.3 SMP 4-Way(latest updates)
perl 5.6.1
IC 4.8.6-1 (rpm'ed)
   rpc (it behaves the same in low or high also)
   MaxServers          0
   PreFork             Yes
   StartServers        12
   MaxRequestsPerChild 100
   HouseKeeping        2
   PIDcheck            600
Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink (via CPAN)

When I upload a new products.txt via the admin UI, I'll watch the pgsql
log.  Not only does it take a long time to upload (1,200 items in 7
minutes) but when it gets to the last item in the table, it just loops
around and starts importing from the beginning.  There are no errors in
icdebug, or the other error logs, including httpd.  Meanwhile, the browser
returns with "Document contained no data".  No other users are able to
access the site while postgres is in this loop, as ic doesn't respond.  The
really weird thing is that it imports the new db correctly each time!

When I restart postgres and interchange everything back to normal, and the
items are all correctly updated.

I've tried recompiling the cgi (vlink), tried switching to mod_interchange,
vacuuming the DB, dropping the table, and recreating it from the text file
(which works fine BTW)

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.