[ic] pgsql loops when importing products via the Admin Interface.

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 16:29:00 2002

Brian Kosick wrote:

> Hello All,
>         I have this really strange problems, that only occurs when I'm
> trying to import a new text file through the UI.  Here's my setup
> RH7.3 SMP 4-Way(latest updates)
> perl 5.6.1
> IC 4.8.6-1 (rpm'ed)
>   rpc (it behaves the same in low or high also)
>   MaxServers          0
>   PreFork             Yes
>   StartServers        12
>   MaxRequestsPerChild 100
>   HouseKeeping        2
>   PIDcheck            600
> Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink (via CPAN)
>
> When I upload a new products.txt via the admin UI, I'll watch the
> pgsql log.  Not only does it take a long time to upload (1,200 items
> in 7 minutes) but when it gets to the last item in the table, it just
> loops around and starts importing from the beginning.

I found a similiar problem with MySQL, if I remove the .sql marker file
to have IC perform another import from the text file, just touching the
file causes IC to loop and only a restart of the IC server initiates a
proper reload...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028