[ic] Newbie Problem: Customer Logn Help

Michael Goldfarb interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 17:27:01 2002

>I know I'm probably overlooking something very simple, but I can't seem
>find anything which documents exactly how this works......
>
>When a customer logs into interchange, how do you specify the page they
hit
>when the login is invalid?
>
>I copied this code from the docs, but it just seems to hit the same
page
>each time.
>
>If it does hit the same page each time, how the hell do you tell if the
>login was successful?
>
>[set Login]
>   mv_todo=return
>   mv_nextpage=welcome
>   [userdb function=login]
>[/set]
>
>   <FORM ACTION="[process]" METHOD=POST>
>   <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_click VALUE=Login>
>   Username <INPUT NAME=mv_username SIZE=10><BR>
>   Password <INPUT NAME=mv_password SIZE=10>
>   <input type="submit">
>   </FORM>

I think that what you are looking for is this tag:
[if session failure]

You should see that on the Foundation login page. Anything after that
tag and the ending [/if] is what will be displayed if there were errors.

The next page they go to if the form submission is successful is set by:
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_successpage VALUE="PAGENAME">

I think you can also set it to go to a separate page for invalid logins
using:
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_failpage VALUE="PAGENAME">