[ic] rewite rules killed images - and cookies

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 23 23:43:00 2002

>>When I visit my site with lynx, I do see the error message that you
>>mentioned. When I visit my site www.m-and-d.com with Mozilla 1.1, I see
>>two cookies assigned from my site.  The two cookies appear identical
>>except for their paths. One has a path=/MDS and the other has
>>path=/cgi-bin/MDS. I don't know much about cookies yet... is this
>>behavior a problem?
>>
>>DB
>
> By default, IC adds an extra alias for each catalog cgi path to the Catalog
> definition string in interchange.cfg.  That's what causes the extra cookie
> to be set.  You can fix your problem by removing that unneeded alias.
>
> - Grant

I think the rewrite rules are messing with the cookies. With those
rules in place, when I access my site with lynx it warns me that the
path is invalid for BOTH of the cookies. Orders seem to still be flowing
in, but I'd prefer to solve this issue "properly".

DB