[ic] Tax Problems

Mark Bryant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 24 09:10:01 2002

Hi to all you IC gurus out there :o)

I'm setting interchange up to work in a UK/GB shopping environment, but
notice that despite having set ALL my products to be NON TAXABLE, when you
hit the checkout page and UK is the shipping country, the VAT of 17.5% is
still being added to the order.

I followed the instructions found at this URL to the letter and everything
works as expected, except for the tax:

http://www.webmaint.net/interchange/uksetup.html

Does anyone have any ideas why the tax settings for my products are being
ignored and still being calculated for the UK by IC when it shouldn't be?

It is my understanding that if the tax field is set to NO on an
item/product, it should then be exempt from the tax calculations. Only
those set to YES should be included. This doesn't appear to be the case.

Also, this tax setup is not quite right/comprehensive enough as UK VAT also
applies to sales made to customers in EEC countries when selling from the
UK. Is there any way I can get IC to use the REGION code (Europe-EC) rather
than the individual COUNTRY codes and therefore cover all the EEC countries
in one go? I'm trying to avoid putting a tax rule for each country as it
seems there should already be a better method of dealing with this.

Naturally this is assuming that I can get the initial tax calculation
problem fixed first :o)

If it helps, I'm using IC installed from these 2 rpms:

interchange-foundation-4.8.6-1
interchange-4.8.6-1

Many thanks

Mark

vwe internet ltd
EMail - info@vwe.net
WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
Tel - 0870 737 3369
Fax - 0870 737 4469
Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
*UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times