[ic] Tax Problems

Mark Bryant interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 24 13:35:01 2002

At 17:39 24/09/2002, you wrote:
>At 16:47 24/09/2002, you wrote:
>>Quoting Lyn St George (lyn@zolotek.net):
>> > This is my salestax.asc (tab separated)
>> > ================
>> > country       rate
>> > UK    0.175
>> > =================
>> > and in catalog.cgf:
>> > =============
>> > SalesTax         country
>> > =================
>>
>>IC does do multiple tax rates for different categories based on country,
>>and assuming NonTaxableField is set properly that should work.
>>
>>I use this extensively and it simply does work...
>

>Translation into something useful/understandable please anyone?
>
>Thanks
>
>Mark

I eventually found the NonTaxableField that's referred to above in
products.txt and there is a 1 in the column for each product (I loaded it
into excel to be sure). I guess this means that these fields are set
correctly, so it must be something else. I'm still leaning towards that
single line in my salestax.asc.

Mark

vwe internet ltd
EMail - info@vwe.net
WWW - http://www.vwe.net/
Tel - 0870 737 3369
Fax - 0870 737 4469
Tech Support - 0906 470 3369*
*UK only. Calls charged at 60p/min at all times