[ic] VeriSign PayFlow Email

Ron Phipps interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 24 15:44:01 2002

> From: Michael Goldfarb
>
> Just wondering if anyone else has received this message. One of our
> clients who uses the VeriSign PayFlow program got it and then
forwarded
> it to me.

Yes, we received this email and so have our clients.  A quick fix to
this problem is to make the following change, restart
Interchange/Minivend after editing the module.

Signio Globalsub (IC 4.6 and earlier):

Remove:
ORIGID      => $orderID,

		my %query = (
                    AMT         => $amount,
                    EXPDATE     => $exp,
                    TENDER      => 'C',
                    PWD         => $secret,
                    USER        => $user,    );

Verisign Payment Module (IC 4.8 and later):

Remove:

ORIGID      => $orderID,

		my %query = (
                    AMT         => $amount,
                    SHIPTOZIP   => $actual{zip},
                    EXPDATE     => $exp,
                    TENDER      => 'C',
                    ORIGID      => $orderID,
                    PWD         => $secret,
                    USER        => $user,
                    TRXTYPE         => $transtype,
    );

This should get you processing orders again with Verisign.  The ORIGID
is only needed when making a sale or authorization based on a previous
sale or authorization.

Good luck,
-Ron

> Dear Valued Customer
>
> On September 23rd, 2002, VeriSign will be making an update to our
> systems to support a new feature - reference transactions.  VeriSign
has
> determined that due to the way you configured your Payflow Pro
> integration to send all or some of your transaction data to us, that
you
> are erroneously sending a parameter that will now be affected by the
> introduction of the new reference transaction feature.
>
> Reference transactions allow you to create a new Sale or Authorization
> transaction using the information, such as credit card number,
submitted
> in an earlier transaction.  One example application for this feature
is
> a split shipment, where you capture for a lower amount when you ship
the
> first part of the order, and later perform a new sale transaction when
> you ship the second part of the order.  In order to reference the
> earlier transaction, you include the transaction ID for that
transaction
> using the ORIGID parameter for a new Sale or Authorization
transaction.

> VeriSign discovered that you are currently sending an ORIGID parameter
> for Sale or Authorization transactions.  Currently, ORIGID is only
valid
> for Delayed Capture, Credit, Void, or Inquiry transactions.
VeriSign's
> servers ignore an ORIGID parameter submitted with a Sale or
> Authorization transaction, so this parameter currently has no effect
on
> the processing of the transaction.
>
> When VeriSign makes the update early morning on September 23rd, 2002,
> VeriSign's servers will no longer ignore the ORIGID parameter for a
Sale
> or an Authorization transaction.  Please review the information below
> and make any necessary changes to your configuration.
>
> The behavior when using this parameter with Sale or Authorization
> transactions after the update will be as follows:
>
> 1)      If the ORIGID parameter refers to a successful previous
> transaction run on your account, the Sale or Authorization transaction
> will be run as a reference transaction.  The new transaction will
carry
> over certain parameters submitted for the original transaction UNLESS
> you submit those same parameters with the new transaction.  The values
> that will be copied from the original transaction (unless resubmitted)
> include account number, expiration date, and billing contact/address
> information.
>
> 2)      If the ORIGID parameter refers to an unsuccessful transaction
> (with a non-zero result), the new Sale or Authorization will generate
> result 120 (Attempt to reference a failed transaction).
>
> 3)      If the ORIGID parameter refers to a transaction ID that wasn't
> ever run by your account, the new Sale or Authorization will generate
> result 19 (Original transaction ID not found)
>
> 4)      If the ORIGID is poorly formatted, the new Sale or
Authorization