[ic] Input on table-editor changes

Tue Sep 24 17:22:01 2002

As some of you who monitor CVS know, we have been doing some stuff
with the table editor application that comes with IC. It is at
a pre-docs stopping point right now, and I would like to get
some input.

Of course this is IC 4.9/5.0, and these features will not be in
4.8 ever. 4.9 is not too far away from beta at this point, and
you can get nightly builds of it at the FTP site.

If you go to demo space 1:

	http://demo.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic1/admin/index

(login is demo/demo)

The best place to see the new features is to go to
Administration->Tables->transactions or the Item Editor. Make sure you
click the "item editor" and "(standard view)" links to look at how the
table metadata is managed. Also, you will see a different look on field
metadata as well.

Of note as far as new table editor features go are a
completely-configurable tabbed display, and a "spreadsheet in a cell"
feature to allow edit of multiple subsidiary records linked by a foreign
key. (That can be seen by Admin->Tables->transactions).

You won't see the tabbed display unless you have MSIE 5.50 or higher
or Mozilla 1.0 or higher, I don't think. I think that probably MSIE 5.0
will crash, so if you get an MSIE crash check your version.

Please send any input to the list via email. People who have really
substantive comments and suggestions can give me a phone call if they
want....

Best,
Mike
--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer