[ic] Upgrading to SQL Database

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Sep 24 18:39:01 2002

> That would make a nice little FAQ addition.  For me, I just add "MYSQL 1"
> and "SQL_DSN ..." variables to my configuration, restart, and IC does all
> the rest.  Some people have more trouble, so it would be nice for someone
> to write up a neat little FAQ on it (any takers?).

    I have a theory as to why it is problematic sometimes, at least for
postgresql, but I am not certain that I am correct.  It looks like the
structures in dbconf/pgsql are missing fields that are in some of the tables
that come with the Foundation store.  So when interchange tries to use this
to create tables there are subsequently errors when the attempt to import
the corresponding txt files is made.

Jeff