[ic] Tax Problems

Lyn St George interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 25 11:37:01 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:34:29 +0100, Mark Bryant wrote:

>>>IC does do multiple tax rates for different categories based on country,
>>>and assuming NonTaxableField is set properly that should work.
>>>
>>>I use this extensively and it simply does work...
>>

>>Translation into something useful/understandable please anyone?

Due to the talented efforts of Mike Heins et al, IC does many things
automagically. If you feed it the right flags (1|0, Yes|No), then many
things "just work".

>I eventually found the NonTaxableField that's referred to above in
>products.txt and there is a 1 in the column for each product (I loaded it
>into excel to be sure). I guess this means that these fields are set
>correctly, so it must be something else. I'm still leaning towards that
>single line in my salestax.asc.
>
>Mark

That's it. If you're doubtful about making this kind of change, then you
should copy the catalogue into a "test" one which you can screw up and
demolish without qualms.

-
Cheers
Lyn St George