[ic] Making email a required field when a new account is created?

Wed Sep 25 14:26:02 2002

Quoting Shawn Mathews (shawn@oceanebi.com):
> I am having an interesting problem....
>
> I want to make sure only unqiue email addresses are used when accounts are
> created. I'd also like to make email address a required field when a new
> account is created.
>
> I changed my database and added a unique index on the email field, and added
> an additional userdb function to my new_account.html to save the email
> address.
>
> This works as long as the email address doesn't already exist in the
> database. When a non-unique email address is entered, Intechange just
> changes it to blanks.

There was a post about this -- search on "unique" at the mail list.

I added a unique check enhancement to IC 4.9, where you can do
a form profile and put:

    email=unique userdb:email Sorry, that email address is already in our db

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman