[ic] Can anyone help?

Philip Meyer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Sep 25 17:00:01 2002

Hi Everyone!

I've seen some weird and wonderful things being posted on this mailing list,
so I thought I'd add to those. What I'm about to ask might solicit some
snide remarks, some stomping all over me, but mostly a lot of chuckling and
snickering... And yet I might find a Good Samaritan or two that would be
willing to help me.

I'm a South African that's about to become a full-time missionary in Russia,
and I've thought of using an online shop to help fund my ministry. I have
everything more or less in place, except for one thing - decent software. I
tried my hand at installing IC, but to no avail. Problem is, you know those
handbooks for Dummies? They were written especially for me. My other problem
is that I don't have a server at my disposal to play on. I need something I
could upload to my host's server, and then it should work.

So here's my request: If there's anyone out there who'd be willing to
sponsor my ministry by way of donating a copy of your fully-functional,
customisable online shop built with IC, I'd be much obliged. I plan to sell
computer and imaging equipment in the South African market, and I have
someone who'd be looking after business while I'm abroad (of course I would
be able to do basic site maintenance over the Net).

Well, I thought I wouldn't have the nerve to ask, but there it is! Thank
goodness you lot can't see my face... I really hope someone (in amongst all
the guffawing) will have pity on this dummy and grant my request. Any
takers? Mike? Barry? Racke? Anyone?

God bless

Philip Meyer
Centurion, South Africa