[ic] How to install Interchange under Windows 2000, Help!!!

Thu Sep 26 09:20:04 2002

Quoting marc.brevoort (marc.brevoort@armazemdedados.com):
> On Thursday 26 September 2002 13:42, you wrote:
> > installation fails if an install programm is trying to run make.
> > If I execute make, or make install, cygwin says, that the make command is
> > not found.
> > Could you please give me an idea how to manage this problem?
>
> My guess is that you either don't have the program make.exe or it is not in
> your search path. If you do not have make.exe anywhere, you can probably find
> it in the unix utils package (unxutils.sourceforge.net). You can then set the
> system path to point to the directory where make.exe is located. The
> following is shamelessly stolen from
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/data/6964.shtml:
>
> (Setting the system path in Windows 2000, XP:)
> **********************************
> 1. Right-clicking on the My Computer icon. (Under Windows XP, the My Computer
> Icon may be located in the start menu.)
>
> 2. Choosing Properties from the context menu.
>
> 3. Double-clicking on the System icon.
>
> 4. Clicking the Advanced tab.
>
> 5. Clicking the Environment Variables button.
> )
>
> 6. Do not forget to add the directory to the path. Possibly you need to click
> apply or OK.
>
> Alternatively, you can copy make.exe into directory c:\WINNT or
> c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32, this usually does the trick as well.

This shouldn't be necessary. I have installed IC on Win 2000
myself, so I know it works. Last time I did it, it was seamless.

I bet the problem is only downloading the minimum from Cygwin. You need
to get just about everything -- especially Perl, but you need all the
devel stuff as well including GCC and make.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown