[ic] Elementary Interchange questions

Michael Bacarella interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 26 19:14:01 2002

I haven't even scratched the surface of Interchange, but
it clearly looks like the kind of thing my client needs. I installed
it on my laptop and demo'ed it for them at their office earlier
today.

To say they were thrilled is an understatement. They had two
reservations however, and I couldn't find an answer. My apologies
if this is easily solved by RTFM or RTFF.

The two reservations were:

1. Occasionally a circumstance arises where a user will order
   say, a quantity of 10 specific widgets and they only have
   7 in stock (whatever the reason, shrinkage, miscalculation,
   don't want to reveal stock to customers, etc).  What they'd like
   to do in this case is simply have the order adjusted and ship
   the 7 instead of the user's originally requested 10. There's no
   apparant place to tell Interchange about this.

   Their legacy system supports this. In addition to a quantity ordered
   field, there's a quantity shipped field.

   Were we blind and just happened to miss this in Interchange?

2. They mentioned something about synchronizing inventory against
   vendor purchase orders. The workflow was explained thusly:

       Manager decides to replenish stock. Going into Interchange, they
       select the items and quantity they'd like reordered. When finished,
       Interchange produces a purchase order for each vendor. They
       send these orders to each vendor (or read it to them, whatever).
       When the vendor delivers, the manager compares what actually
       shipped to what was ordered and updates Interchange accordingly.

   Is this supported?  If not, would it be hard to do?

--
Michael Bacarella  | Netgraft Corp
                   | 545 Eighth Ave #401
 Systems Analysis  | New York, NY 10018
Technical Support  | 212 946-1038 | 917 670-6982
 Managed Services  | http://netgraft.com/