[ic] rewite rules killed images - and cookies

Thu Sep 26 22:10:01 2002

Quoting Mike Heins (mike@perusion.com):
> Quoting Philip S. Hempel (pshempel@linuxhardcore.com):
> > Yes test and confirmed the settings that DB used and I also,
> > have seemed to create a proper cookie for this
> > configuration.
> >
> > But why is it still required to create this original cookie
> > that points to the CGI?
>
> It *isn't* necessary unless you have multiple catalogs
> on the same domain. If you do, though, you need it.

Actually, that is not true any more as of 4.8 -- you can
set different cookie names with CookieName on a per-catalog
basis.

(Correcting myself with something I had not followed all
the way through when I did it. I added CookieName for
another reason.)

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman