[ic] rewite rules killed images - and cookies

Philip S. Hempel interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Sep 26 22:42:02 2002

Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Mike Heins (mike@perusion.com):
>
>>Quoting Philip S. Hempel (pshempel@linuxhardcore.com):
>>
>>>Yes test and confirmed the settings that DB used and I also,
>>>have seemed to create a proper cookie for this
>>>configuration.
>>>
>>>But why is it still required to create this original cookie
>>>that points to the CGI?
>>
>>It *isn't* necessary unless you have multiple catalogs
>>on the same domain. If you do, though, you need it.
>

> Actually, that is not true any more as of 4.8 -- you can
> set different cookie names with CookieName on a per-catalog
> basis.
>
> (Correcting myself with something I had not followed all
> the way through when I did it. I added CookieName for
> another reason.)

My reading of the CookieName directive was
very unclear, but clear enaough that I thought
it was only used in pages that needed special
cookies created.

I had thought originally this was the correct
way to go. But finding no docs on it and
looking through the list I was quite confused.

So cookiename would look like this...

"CookieName /"

This is a wild guess

BTW only 6 returns in the list for