[ic] Customers ability to select size of clothing

Schuyler W Langdon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 27 00:43:01 2002

Regurgitating Jordan's answer to Mike
> I want to be able to add a couple of drop down menues to certain items
that
> I sell.  So that the costumer can select what color and what size they
want
> their shirt to be. Does any one have any ideas on how I can go about doing
> this?
> Thanks
> Mike
> Here are some places you need to bookmark:
> http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/index.html
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/index.html
> http://interchangeville.com/forum/index.php
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/index
>

> Those places will answer your questions.  This board is for questions
after
> you've gone through those.
> :)
> Jordan

It's very easy to add options through the UI, but it's not all that
intuitive for a first time user, such as myself a few weeks ago. Those
documents are a fine reference, but will not help you to use the UI. The
best thing to do is to look at the foundation and see how they set up their
simple options. The matrix options are a little more tricky. In the UI, to
get started you would want to basically ignore the part where you manually
enter the fields and go to the menu on the left where you enter options and
click that blue cross button. After you do that it's a simple matter of
clicking on create all possible options and it's a snap. As far as what this
board is for, I don't imagine it's to promote get rich quick sites in your
signature.
--
Schuyler Langdon
GatorDev