[ic] Apology

Actormailings.com info interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 27 03:52:02 2002

[snip]
>It's very easy to add options through the UI, but it's not all that
>intuitive for a first time user, such as myself a few weeks ago. Those
>documents are a fine reference, but will not help you to use the UI.

this was answered in a previous post.

[snip]
>As far as what this
>board is for, I don't imagine it's to promote get rich quick sites in your
>signature.
>--
>Schuyler Langdon
>GatorDev

[prior snip]
> Here are some places you need to bookmark:
> http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/index.html
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/
> http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/docs/index.html
> http://interchangeville.com/forum/index.php
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/index
>

> Those places will answer your questions.  This board is for questions
after
> you've gone through those.
> :)
> Jordan

_______________________________
I need to apologize to Mike, Schuyler and everyone.  I truly did not mean to
be rude.  I personally would have loved to have had someone list those sites
for me when I began.  And as I am no expert, I try to help answer as many
newbie questions as possible.  When I first joined this list, I posted some
similar questions that never got answered...apparently because I should have
read the docs more thoroughly.  (Sometimes the responses to even more
complex questions than my own have been simply "read the docs"...but I
didn't know where or what docs.)  Not that this list hasn't been an amazing
resource... it just assumes you've read everything first.

This particular question had already been answered, in part.  Thus I didn't
need to address the admin UI aspect.  But you put it better than the
original answer and better than what I had drafted, so thanks for that.  (I
had actually answered this question in full when the question was originally
asked, but my email didn't go through for some reason.  When the question
was asked again, I rifled through my sent emails to try again.)

I apologize for having the presumption to state what this board is for.  It
was meant purely in the spirit of helpfulness.  I do indeed see that my
wording seems rude.

As to my signature, I have never been, nor will I ever be in a "get rich
quick" venture.  I run a business, thank you.  I happen to run it out of my
home.  This business supports me and it supports my theater company.   It
has for some time, and I'm sure it will for some time to come.  I could add
my IC site to my signature as well, but I think the list would find it very
boring.  It's my theater company's box office, and the current season has
just ended.  If anyone would like information on the 1001 things that I do
or contribute to...by all means write to me.  But I think I'll limit my
signature to my business.

To the rest of the board, I apologize for filling the archives with this
kind of stuff.  If any more replies seem necessary, I'll do them
idividually.
Jordan

Fire your LOCAL phone company and get FREE long distance from your home
phone.
A portion of all proceeds go to the Troubadour Theater Company.
http://phonefreeusa.com