[ic] rewite rules killed images - and cookies

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 27 08:23:04 2002

> Quoting Philip S. Hempel (pshempel@linuxhardcore.com):
>> Yes test and confirmed the settings that DB used and I also,
>> have seemed to create a proper cookie for this
>> configuration.
>>
>> But why is it still required to create this original cookie
>> that points to the CGI?
>
> It *isn't* necessary unless you have multiple catalogs
> on the same domain. If you do, though, you need it.
>
> This is controlled by the "Mall" setting in interchange.cfg.
> My guess is you are wanting "Mall No".
>
> If you read the documentation about that directive, it should
> come clear.
>
> --
> Mike Heins
> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Mike was of course correct. I set Mall to no and the invalid cookie went
away. I'm not sure how much of a problem it actually was, but in general
I guess it is best to eliminate errors and warning whenever possible.
Thanks guys!

DB