[ic] how to lock down admin

Dennis Chen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 27 10:58:03 2002

I've been trying to search in the mail-list but couldn't find anything.
So how do I lock down my admin UI from the internet?
I've tried looking through apache's docs but I couldn't get it to
read past the /cgi-bin so kinda stumped.

Also, when I was on 4.8.5 running in INET mode I could not access
the admin from the internet, only from the internal ip, but after
upgrading to 4.8.6 I could access it from the internet.  Do I need
to recompile the tlink file?

or would configuring the .access, .access_gate method better at
controlling admin UI access?  Ideally, I would like to just limit everyone's
access unless it's coming from my company's ip or internal ip.

If you know it has been covered in the past mailing list, please let me
know what the search criteria is as I couldn't find it.

Thanks!
Dennis