[ic] Shipping Bug?

TGroup interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 27 17:44:00 2002

Hello All.  I have a problem with "shipping" when I test the catalog,
whether registered, or as an unregistered user:
1)  I add one item to the cart, click on "CHECKOUT".
2)  At the checkout page, I begin filling in the information to complete the
order.
3)  When I get to the drop down choice for "Shipping Method" there is a text
message above the form box which states:  Note: "GNDCOM: Missing
ConsigneePostalCode"
4)  The drop down choice at this time only includes USP NextDay Air and USP
2nd Day Air, even though the catalog is configured with GNDCOM as "default".
5)  Only when I click on "Recalculate" am I offered the "UPS Ground
Commercial" option.

I tried this again.  If I go through the same process, but do not enter a
zip code, when I click on "Recalculate", the  "GNDCOM: Missing
ConsigneePostalCode" message disappears, but the "UPS Ground Commercial" is
still not available.

I know IC is not meant to work this way.  Any ideas what I may have
overlooked? Here is what I have at: "pref_group=Shipping":

code                                                       Variable
pref_group
SHIP_DEFAULT_COUNTRY              US
Shipping
SHIP_DEFAULT_MODE                     GNDCOM
Shipping
SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP                           63026
Shipping
SHIP_FLAT_DOM_RATE
Shipping
SHIP_FLAT_INTL_RATE
Shipping
UPS_COUNTRY_FIELD                      country
Shipping
UPS_MODES                                        GNDCOM 1DA 2DA
Shipping
UPS_ORIGIN                                        63026
Shipping
UPS_POSTCODE_FIELD                     zip
    Shipping

I've seen this problem posted before, but not found a solution.  Hopefully,
the desciption of the problem above is concise, and will keep its "table
like" format for easy reading.  Thanks in advance.  Best 2 U all...
TGroup