[ic] Change error messages for userdb functions

Ron Phipps interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Sep 27 19:54:02 2002

> From: Michael Goldfarb
>
> >I'm running Interchange 4.8.3 on Redhat 7.2 using MySQL as the
backend.
> >I'm aware that you can change an error message in a form profile,
> >however I'm searching for a way to change error messages which are
> >displayed in $Session->{failure} when a user logs in, changes a
> >password, any of the userdb functions, etc.  For example I'd like to
> >change:
> >
> >Must have old password.

> >Old password is incorrect.
> >
> >Thanks for a pointer in the direction to solve this problem.
> >
> >-Ron
>

> Try lib/Vend/UserDB.pm
>
> I think that is what you are looking for.

Hey Michael,

I should have been more clear, I'm looking for a solution that does not
involve hacking on the core.  We prefer to use built in methods unless
absolutely necessary.  If there is not a built in method, perhaps
Locale?, then I will probably do some matching on the error messages
before they are displayed and replace them with the ones we'd like to
see.

Thanks!
-Ron