[ic] Interchange, RedHat & the future

Sat Sep 28 13:42:02 2002

Quoting Miles Clark (mmc@tolosatech.com):
> Mike -
>
> Thanks to you and the others that posted a reply.  Interchange is
> looking good to me, and I plan on pursuing it further.
>
> Quick question - you mention below that you recommend 4.9 be used for
> all new development.  How far away is 4.9 from being considered ready
> for production?   Ideally, I'd like to have some live stores up before
> the 5mos your estimating for a IC 5.0 release.

I am putting it in production now -- took two sites live last week, and
have about a total of about a dozen sites live on it. On the catalog
side, i.e. the part that faces consumers, it is very stable and is
actually better than 4.8 in many cases (while of course perhaps worse
in a few others).

On the UI side, it is a bit less stable, but I believe it is more
than usable. I have made a major update to [table-editor ...], the
basic building block for the UI, and that is getting more and more
stable.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman