[ic] Re: Execution of "%post scriptlet failed" (Was: Payment Method)

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 30 09:17:03 2002

"Designerz" <unrouted@designerz.com> writes:

> I am installing the Interchange on a dedicated server. When we try
> to install foundation demo we get the following error:
>

> " execution of %post scriptlet from
> interchange-foundation-demo-4.8.6-1 failed, exit status 1'

What operating system are you using?  What method did you use to
install interchange?  Odds are there were some error messages before
this one.  This looks like a final status error.  The real error that
caused the "%post scriptlet" to fail was probably given before this
one.  Get us some more information and we'll help you fix it.

> Any help will be highly appreciated.

BTW, general etiquette is to 1) start you own thread when asking a new
question (i.e. don't just reply to some other question).  That means
you have a new subject line with a summary of your
problem/question/comment.  Note that your problem has nothing to do
with "Payment Method".

2) when replying to a message don't just put your stuff at the top.
Trim the message you're responding to down to the specific parts
you're answering then put your answer below that.  See how this rule
applies to the first one.  If you're replying to something but aren't
saying anything related to it you should remove all of the previous
message.

This is not a flame.  I'm personally glad to help if I can.  Others
here will help if they can.  We'll all probably help even if you
follow bad email etiquette.  However, good etiquette is just plain
nice.  Good luck on your install.  We look forward to getting more
information from you.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543