[ic] dropped cart in AOL

Kumar, Ace interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 30 09:53:02 2002

Hello all...

I've been a MV user for quite a while, and I've recently set up my first
IC site.

However, I've run into a problem:

My shopping site uses a separate SSL server (it's on the same physical
server, but under a different host name).
So, as I've done with my MV sites, and according to what's in the FAQ, I
added the following to my interchange.cfg file:
IpHead Yes
IpQuad 0

This would usually set the same session cookie on the SSL server as on
the non-SSL server.  However, for AOL users (I'm testing in AOL 7.0),
the SSL server is trying to set a new session cookie, thus the shopping
cart is dropped.

I've tried the above settings with DomainTail Yes and DomainTail No, but
still no luck.  I also added WideOpen Yes to my catalog.cfg, but still
nothing works.

On the non-SSL pages, any links to checkout (on the secure server) have
the proper session ID in the URL's query string:
https://ssl.SERVER.com/cgi-bin/proshop/ord/checkout.html?id=3DxfDXybRt&mv=
_
arg=3Dsecure%3d1&mv_pc=3D18

So, I'm wondering if there is some way I can force IC to set the proper
cookie based on the passed session variable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ace