[ic] Tags to customized product view?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 30 11:30:02 2002

At 10:49 AM 09/30/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello group,
>
>My 'List on select page' in the item editor for the product list
>currently contains:
>
>sku
>title
>description(30)
>category
>prod_group
>price("EUR "%.2f align=right)
>wholesale("EUR "%.2f align=right)
>sale_price("EUR "%.2f align=right)
>comment
>
>This allows me to display the product list to administrator users with
>the proper currency (fortunately always the same currency in this case). In
>the past I've made some of these updates by 'educated guesses',
>as there didn't seem to be much documentation available at the time.
>
>Currently what I'd like to do is doing a lookup in another table based on the
>product SKU (I realize this will probably slow down things considerably). Is
>this possible? Can I use tags or (even better) Perl in the 'list on select
>page' box? If in the meantime anyone knows of the existence of any
>documentation for this part of the UI, a pointer to it is much appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Marc Brevoort

Marc -

I suspect you will have to customize the admin/item.html page to do this.
Once you open it up you will see that it is just ITL and Perl,  like the
foundation demo, so adding a column with field from a related table is as
easy as [item-data tablename field].

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax