[ic] Re: pass mv_searchspec variable through login.html to another page

SofaKingRotten interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 30 18:26:00 2002

SofaKingRotten writes:

> Hi,
>
> I use the 'search_box_small' component on the left
> side for searching userdb. After a search term is
> entered, it takes me to a results page which is
> 'members_only' (using [tmp members_only]1[/tmp]).
When
> user is not logged in, it takes them to the login
> page. After login they are then taken to the results
> page, however, I need to pass the mv_searchspec to
> this page from the original search. Using hidden
> variables, including *this* variable, on the
> login.html page, I get the expected results on the
> results page:
>
> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_searchspec"
> VALUE="a_known_valid_search_term">
>
> But I can't pass the search term to the results page
> using the following:
>
> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_searchspec"
> VALUE="[value mv_searchspec]">

Look up [value-extended] in the documentation.

Bye
     Racke

Thanks Racke and Tom. I have tried both of your
examples, placing either <input type=hidden
name=mv_searchspec value="[value-extended
mv_searchspec]"> or [cgi name=mv_searchspec
filter=null_to_space keep=1] on the login.html and on
results.html, with results being:
Errors:
Search strings must be at least 1 characters. You had
no search string specified.

This search does work properly if you are logged in
before you use it.
I have tried to unset the userdb NoSearch directive in
login.html (and is used, of course, in results.html
and search_box_small too):

[calc]
	    $CGI->{mv_todo} = 'search';
	    $Config->{NoSearch} = '';
[/calc]

Also I noticed if I place this in login.html:
[value-extended mv_searchspec]
It returns: 1005

[cgi name=mv_searchspec filter=null_to_space keep=1]
returns nothing.

Any other ideas out there? Is this a userdb issue? I'm
using default db on IC 4.8.5.

Thanks.

SKR