[ic] Seperate Shipping Address Database?

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Sep 30 19:43:00 2002

> Hello all!  Just wondering what I need to do to create a seperate shipping
> address database.  I know about the Address Book column in the
> userdb, but I
> was hoping that a seperate file would be possible.
>
> Thanks!

Sure it is possible. A mysql db would be good, then just link the tables on
the username column. everytime a client adds an address, insert their
username into the corresponding link column. You will want to index that
column as well, so when you query all a given persons addresses, it is done
effieciently.

You will have to remember to alter the pages that call this information
though, like checkout.html, account.html... etc etc. Also, the back end of
IC will need extensive rework (order_view, customer_foo...)

There could be a simpler way, but off the top of my head I don't know of it.
I don't believe the whole "shipping" information was originally designed to
be very modular. I can be wrong though :)

Paul

PS If I were going to do somehting like this, I would design it in 4.9