[ic] Re: IC Segmentation Fault

John Young interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Apr 1 16:10:01 2003

>>>bash-2.05a$ ./interchange
>>>Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet payment module initialized, using
>>>Net::SSLeay
>>>Sending debug to /home/mc/test/icdebug.
>>>Low traffic settings.
>>>Calling UI......UI is loaded...
>>>Interchange V4.8.7
>>>Configuring catalog store...Using MySQL,
>>>DSN=dbi:mysql:mc_store...Segmentation fault
>
>>If I were to guess, for starters, I'd say you have a problem with MySQL's
>>installation...
>>Can you access your database tables manually with the MySQL query
>>commands?  If not, IC probably can't either...
>>Barry
>

> Barry,
>
> I can access the tables from mySQL without any problem. So I don't think
> it's a problem with mySQL..
>
> Thanks for your help..
>
> Michael

But you *could* have a problem between Interchange and MySQL.  DBD::mysql
won't be happy if it was built with include headers etc. that
vary too much from your version of MySQL.  It's good to build DBD::mysql
with the same client libraries and header files that came with the
version of MySQL you are using.  I suppose you can do the pre-built
package route if everything (Perl, Perl modules, and MySQL) all come
from the same, tested source.

Also, approach the problem systematically.  Try running Interchange
without MySQL support if you want to verify that the problem relates
to MySQL.  Write a quickie Perl program that queries your MySQL
tables using DBD::mysql to verify that works.

It probably won't do any good to post your question to the list
for a fourth time.

Good luck,
John Young