[ic] testing latest install against oracle

Jason interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 2 01:06:01 2003

I am testing the mar-31 nightly build trying to get it running on RedHat
Linux and Oracle 9i. configure and makecat appear to work fine outside
of the small fixable problem with vlink.c not compiling automatically.

The real problem I run into is trying to startup interchange and make it
through the database create scripts. I noticed that the oracle config
files are different than the mysql config files. Is this because mysql
is under more active development?

I found the following problems at startup.

1. creating indexes on the options table. The oracle configs ask for
indexes and columns that the mysql file does not. Limiting the indexes
to the indexes specified in the mysql file fixes the problem for oracle.
2. importing data to options table, 'inserted value too large for column'
2. variants table fails, 'default username feature not supported'

Jason