[ic] testing latest install against oracle

Jason interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Apr 2 01:21:01 2003

Jason wrote:
> I am testing the mar-31 nightly build trying to get it running on RedHat
> Linux and Oracle 9i. configure and makecat appear to work fine outside
> of the small fixable problem with vlink.c not compiling automatically.
>
> The real problem I run into is trying to startup interchange and make it
> through the database create scripts. I noticed that the oracle config
> files are different than the mysql config files. Is this because mysql
> is under more active development?
>
> I found the following problems at startup.
>
> 1. creating indexes on the options table. The oracle configs ask for
> indexes and columns that the mysql file does not. Limiting the indexes
> to the indexes specified in the mysql file fixes the problem for oracle.
> 2. importing data to options table, 'inserted value too large for column'
> 2. variants table fails, 'default username feature not supported'

Sorry for posting the last message in html.

Additionally, I updated the variants.ora file with ifdef SQLUSER and
SQLPASS commands and got past the default user error. Then there was an
error regarding the comment column. Apparently the comment column did
not automatically get renamed to comment_field and was still a text
datatype which fails. I updated to comment_field and varchar2(2000) and
create/import worked.