[ic] Using iTransact post method

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Apr 3 12:37:00 2003

Hello everyone,

I'm using the iTransact module.  By default ret_mod (return mode) is set
to "redirect"  when sending transactions to iTransact.  The authcode
(authorization code) is not returned by default from iTransact.  In
order to get the authcode, the ret_mode needs to be set to "post", and
%values{lookup} needs to be set to "authcode" (or whatever field I need
returned).  Along with these, the ret_addr (return address) needs to be
set to a CGI that can parse the data.  Right now it's set to "success".

I've done the following:

        $values{ret_addr} = $Tag->area("process.html");
::logDebug("ret_addr is: " . $values{ret_attr});

also tried

        $values{ret_addr} = $Tag->area("checkout.html");
::logDebug("ret_addr is: " . $values{ret_attr});

 and

        $values{ret_addr} = $Tag->area("receipt.html");
::logDebug("ret_addr is: " . $values{ret_attr});

with hopes that I can redirect the data to one of the pages and parse it
from there.  That doesn't work.

With all that said....here are a few questions:

What can I set the ret_addr to for iTransact to send data via the url to
IC?  The url they'd send back would look like:

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/return.cgi?authcode=852346&email=somename%40domain.com&total=29.95&xid=987654&phone=8015551212&signature=PGP SIGNATURE HERE

The docs for iTransact are at:
http://www.itransact.com/support/lookup.html
http://www.itransact.com/support/faq_fields.html

I understand there's a fat chance, but can anyone shed some light on
this?

Any help is appreciate!

--
Kevin Old <kold@carolina.rr.com>