[ic] database table redesign

Jason interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Apr 4 19:42:01 2003

D Zhang - msi wrote:
> [...]

I wouldn't agree that it is necessary. You can store a transaction
history of addresses and such through a non-user updateable customer
address book. That is how my setup is for another ecommerce system I
work on. It involves a couple extra joins in queries but that is how a
rdb is supposed to work.

>>>If anyone has any insight into how big a project this would be to really
>>>clean up the table designs for optimial usage by an rdbms like
>>>Oracle I would be interested in hearing from you.
>

> I would suggest you to get familiar with the business operation before
> considering to re-design something.

I am trying to decide if I want to use IC on a project. I am used to a
3-NF database and so saw the lack of it here as a drawback. This being
open source I was trying to see if this was a modification people were
interested in as well as myself.