[ic] Quickbooks integration

Nicholas Cook interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Apr 7 06:00:01 2003

I'm trying to get the quickbooks integration to work with 4.9.6 but
either I'm missing something, or the documentation is incorrect for the
usertag section.

The documentation say's:

Copy usertags

If you want to use the UI item import/export, two usertags are required.
The easiest thing is just to copy them to the Interchange software
directory subdirectory lib/UI/usertag, which is #included as a part of
the UI configuration file.
cd /usr/lib/interchange cp -i extensions/quickbooks/usertag/* lib/UI/usertag

and also to put the following two lines in your catalog.cfg file.

Require usertag import_quicken_items
Require usertag export_quicken_items

In interchange.cfg is the default of
# Include individual usertags.
include usertag/*.tag

I've tried to copy the required usertags just about everywhere I can
think of with no success.  Upon applying changes, this shows up in the
catalog error.log.

- - - [07/April/2003:06:28:57 -0500] - - Required UserTag
import_quicken_items not present. Aborting catalog.
 > In line 6 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':

My questions are:
1) Where exactly are these usertag files meant to go?
2) Are the entries for the catalog.cfg meant to be UserTag, and not
usertag, or does case not make a difference here?  The other "Require
UserTag" lines have UserTag with capitol U and T letters, but the
referenced usertags have an extension of .coretag instead of .tag.

Thank you,
Nicholas Cook