[ic] mod_interchange permissions

Joshua Lavin interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Apr 7 17:22:00 2003

I'm attempting to get mod_interchange working, but I'm having a problem
with permissions. My setup is RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.27, IC
4.9.7.200304050658, running in Unix mode.

I setup IC without the intention of using mod_interchange, and I seem
to remember something it asked me in the base setup about "leave this
blank if using mod_interchange" so I don't know if that has anything to
do with this.

The catalog I had already setup was modified in catalog.cfg with
"Variable CGI_URL /hero", and interchange.cfg was changed to "Catalog
hero /home/interch/catalogs/hero /hero" instead of the /cgi-bin/hero
stuff.

Then I put this in httpd.conf under my catalog's virtual host:
<Location /hero>
         SetHandler interchange-handler
         InterchangeServer /usr/local/interchange/etc/socket
         DropRequestList /default.ida /x.ida /cmd.exe /root.exe
</Location>

Accessing the URL with /hero gave a 500 error, and my error log said:
[error] (13)Permission denied: access to /hero/index.html failed for
64.238.152.225, reason: Connection failed

Then I restarted IC with SocketPerms=666 and the catalog came up,
although sans images. (Probably just need to fix some link for images
w/o cgi-bin.)

My question is, what do I do to make the permissions work? It seemed
like the docs and mailing list articles talked about changes for vlink
and tlink, but not mod_interchange. Should I set SocketPerms 0660 in
interchange.cfg? I just don't want to screw anything up.

My /usr/local/interchange/etc looks like (partial):
-rw-------    1 interch  interch        33 Apr  7 16:01 mode.unix
srw-------    1 interch  interch         0 Apr  7 16:01 socket
srwx------    1 interch  interch         0 Apr  7 16:01 socket.ipc

Thanks,