[ic] component not working within template

Steve Minton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Apr 8 11:59:00 2003

My problem is as follows:

Basically the list of items at our e-commerce site keeps growing,
http://www.newstore.bcomet.com/cgi-bin/proziac/index.html
.  I wanted to make it so it shows only the categories on the index page, on
any page with a leftright template.  I looked it up and saw I could
accomplish this through components.  So I created a component called
shortcategory_vertical which basically lists the categories, but not the
items in the categories. I looked that up here
http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/docfly.html?mv_arg=icfoundation06%2e08
.  Well, in any case, I set the shortcategory_vertical as the default
component for the template, but when it loads, it still loads the original
category_vertical component.  I refreshed the website, and I clicked on
apply changes in the admin section but neither worked.

If you have any ideas on why it may still be loading the old component, or
any suggestions period, it would be greatly appreciated.