[ic] ./configure hangs on unixmode

Caleb Groom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Apr 8 14:44:00 2003

> > > # When the above test fails, it may be due to your ISP or some other
> > > # mechanism blocking port 8786.
> > >
> > > server/inetmode.......The previous Interchange server was not
> > running and
> > > probably
> > > terminated with an error.
> > > ok 4
> > > link/inetmode.........not ok 5
> > > server/control........The previous Interchange server was not
> > running and
> > > probably
> > > terminated with an error.
> > > Terminated
> > > make: *** [test_dynamic] Terminated
> > >
> > > ---------
> > >
> > > All of my firewall rules are flushed.  I'm running configure as
> > > root.  I've
> > > ran the test.pl file and it's output is the same.
> > >
> > > Anybody have an idea?
> > >

> > I downloaded the latest development CVS today.  Same problem.  If
> > I need to
> > gather more information just let me know.  Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.

------
I've switched back to 4.8.7:

With some help I've discovered that during the configure
'interchange -q -r -u' runs but does not create blib/etc/socket.  Does that
send off any light bulbs?

I've found a post in the archive with a similar problem (but no solution):
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-September/026029.
html