[ic] access permission questions

Wed Apr 9 18:37:00 2003

Quoting Andrew C. (linuxdev@musicalheritage.org):

> Hello icdevgroup list again.
>
> I have been playing with the permissions in the admin tool and even
> directly in postgresql to get non super users certain rights.
>
> Basically I have setup a group with permission on a table, table_parent
> and another table, table_child that I would like to give the group full
> permissions on.
>
> access.asc for this group now has:
> yes_tables with "normal" tables and the following:
> table_parent=vecd table_child=vecd
>

> yes_functions with the following:
> item=lve page=lv cat=lv tax=lv shipping=lv payment=lv affiliate=lv
> itemtype=lve pagetype=lv grouptype=lv matrix=lv knar=lv layout=lv
> order=lve orderstats trafficstats env_vars stats techadmin sitedesign
> gentable userdb=lvp
>
> When the user logs into the admin tool in this group he/she clicks table
> and gets NO list of tables.  Accessing the table by typing in the link
> in the address bar or through a hard coded hyperlink works, but I don't
> know why the table listing does not work.  The user can also add records
> to the tables but can not edit an existing record (even if he/she
> created it).
>
> I am looking for a link(s) or some information.  I searched the list
> archives and the ic site without any luck.  Even just info on the admin
> tool other than the IC doc that does not really mention permission and
> the short blurb on access.asc.
>
> I am running IC 4.9.5 with parts of the 4.8.6 admin tool UI, etc. still
> although I have never been able to figure this out.

That might be part of it....if you are mixing and matching those
you can expect troubles.

Basically it depends on what the page_perm is for that page, which
is by default "gentable" (and I note you have that). In 4.9.7,
you can set that page_perm in the page properties (icon to left of
internal title).

If someone wants to investigate this for 4.9.7/latest and report back
I will fix things on that. But I will not look at mixed older
versions.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry