[ic] Custom types in transactions::status field

Steve Palm interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Apr 10 20:51:01 2003

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 05:03  PM, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Steve Palm (stevep@sga.org):
>>
>>   I went into the admin interface, and changed the metadata definition
>> for the status field popup in the transaction table.
>>
>>   When viewing an order status screen which lists the orders one per
>> line, it shows up fine using the stored value, and if I click on this
>> to change the order status, the pop-up list has the correct longer
>> text
>> in it.
>>
>>   However, when using the order_view to see the full order, the
>>
>> <B>[L]Status[/L]:<B> [page href=__UI_BASE__/order_status
>> form="order=[loop-code]
>> "]
>>                  [display    table=transactions
>>                              column=status
>>                              key="[loop-code]"
>>                              arbitrary=order_view
>>                  ]</A>
>>
>> However, it only works properly if I use the types that were
>> pre-defined in the metadata.
>>
>> What am I overlooking here?
>
> Try removing the "arbitrary=order_view".

  okay, that let's something show, but it shows a drop-down box instead
of the hyperlinked text it used to show.

  i confess i don't have a clue what removing that did, or i may have
thought of it myself, so i really don't have a clue how to proceed.

  sorry for the lowercase, it seems my keyboard is temporarily insane...

Steven Palm
Slavic Gospel Association - Loves Park - IL - USA
stevep@sga.org