[ic] Custom types in transactions::status field

Thu Apr 10 22:41:01 2003

Quoting Steve Palm (stevep@sga.org):

> On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 05:03  PM, Mike Heins wrote:
> > Quoting Steve Palm (stevep@sga.org):
> >>
> >>   I went into the admin interface, and changed the metadata definition
> >> for the status field popup in the transaction table.
> >>
> >>   When viewing an order status screen which lists the orders one per
> >> line, it shows up fine using the stored value, and if I click on this
> >> to change the order status, the pop-up list has the correct longer
> >> text
> >> in it.
> >>
> >>   However, when using the order_view to see the full order, the
> >>
> >> <B>[L]Status[/L]:<B> [page href=__UI_BASE__/order_status
> >> form="order=[loop-code]
> >> "]
> >>                  [display    table=transactions
> >>                              column=status
> >>                              key="[loop-code]"
> >>                              arbitrary=order_view
> >>                  ]</A>
> >>
> >> However, it only works properly if I use the types that were
> >> pre-defined in the metadata.
> >>
> >> What am I overlooking here?
> >
> > Try removing the "arbitrary=order_view".
>
>   okay, that let's something show, but it shows a drop-down box instead
> of the hyperlinked text it used to show.
>
>   i confess i don't have a clue what removing that did, or i may have
> thought of it myself, so i really don't have a clue how to proceed.

These are normal Interchange widget types. You want "display". Try:

                  [display    table=transactions
                              column=status
                              key="[loop-code]"
                              type=display
                  ]

That displays the label associated with a selected value.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry