[ic] Printer friendly pages

Greg Goble interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Apr 14 04:29:01 2003

> Rene Hertell wrote on Friday, April 11, 2003
> >
> > I want to create a printer friendly page for just the
> > flypage. How can I
> > display an optional flypage without the STD_TOP, STD_BOTTOM, etc..
>
> just create a new page without the templates...

Thanks, René

It seemed that easy and maybe it is, but for the life of me I can get my
item-field values to carry over onto the nextpage. I simply copied
flypage.html to print_friendly.html, but when I access the page the values
are empty. I tried the following:

<FORM ACTION="[process-target secure=1]" METHOD=POST>
<input type="hidden" name="mv_doit" value="refresh">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_session_id" value="[data session id]">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage" value="print_friendly">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden  NAME="mv_order_item"  VALUE="[item-code]">

I thought it would have been the [item-code] that carries over all the
values and/or mv_session_id, but it's just not working.

I've been trying reverse engineering by looking at how results.html connects
to flypage.html, although flypage is never seen in the URL. I expect that
this is all in the catalog.cfg. Thus my confusion how to get a nextpage
regardless if it has STD_TOP or STD_BOTTOM.

I'd appreciate if you could explain this as well.

Thx, Greg G.