[ic] Single widget matrix options

Mon Apr 14 09:55:01 2003

Quoting Jamie Neil (jamie@versado.net):
> I am trying to use matrix options with a single widget selector rather than
> separate wigdets as my products do not come in a full set of combinations
> e.g. Big and Red, Small and Blue, Big and Blue but not Small and Red. But
> when I try to use the [item-options] tag, I get no output at all.
>
> Change to separate widgets and it works fine, but that allows someone to try
> to buy invalid option combinations (e.g. Small Red things).
>
> Am I misunderstanding the tag/options or is this a bug?
>
> I am using the 4.9.7-200304010658 snapshot.

It works for me. But the question is, are you using "Old48" options
or the new Matrix ones? I suspect you are on Old48, and you can tell
by the "Change option" page. If you see a choice of Simple, Matrix
separate widget, Matrix single widget, and Modular, then you are
on Old48-style options.

I guess I don't know quite what I did with that code. I think it
should resolve it OK if you set the o_matrix field in the options
master record to 2, but looking at the code try this:

	[item-options display_type=single]

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers