[ic] Re: newbie shipping question

Chris Snow interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Apr 14 18:37:01 2003

I've decided how I want to apply my shipping charges.  The algorithm will
be:

Shipping Cost =

(£19.50 * item qty) where item category = 1
+
(£19.50 * item qty) where item category = 2
+
(£29.50 * item qty) where item category = 3
+
(£2.00) where item category = 4 and item qty >= 1 and item qty =< 3
+
(£3.50) where item category = 4 and item qty >= 4 and item qty =< 6
+
(£5.00) where item category = 4 and item qty >= 7

The customer does not have a choice over shipping methods.  I only want to
display the shipping cost (i.e. the customer will not be able to select a
shipping method).

Is it possible to set this algorithm up as a method within the Admin
Shipping Configuration screen?  I have thought about coding the algorithm
into the checkout page, but I would rather have it somewhere that an
administrator could more easily alter the prices in the future.

TIA.

Chris